I welcome your feedback!! » Not Waiting

• Todd
    Todd Wayne, NJ, United States
    Well I downloaded and listened to "Not Waiting" last Friday, which I am really enjoying, but I am left with some burning questions that I hope you will answer. No, wait, I DEMAND an explanation! :D I thought it was ambitious enough to write a new song every week and record it, and post it, but these recordings have drum tracks and many other instruments and layers of backup vocals. So once again I ask - what is your process, I'm really curious! Where are you doing the recordings? Are you doing them all alone? Come one fess up...or I will start a rumor that you wrote ALL of these songs in advance and are just posting one a week to mess with our minds. OH, and I now expect the next 50 songs to be as complete as you have set the bar this high...and don't try to kick me off the board...or I won't share my latest recording with you. [I] I'm doing 1 a year and they all sound unfinished.[/I]

Well I downloaded and listened to "Not Waiting" last Friday, which I am really enjoying, but I am left with some burning questions that I hope you will answer. No, wait, I DEMAND an explanation! biggrin

I thought it was ambitious enough to write a new song every week and record it, and post it, but these recordings have drum tracks and many other instruments and layers of backup vocals. So once again I ask - what is your process, I'm really curious! Where are you doing the recordings? Are you doing them all alone? Come one fess up...or I will start a rumor that you wrote ALL of these songs in advance and are just posting one a week to mess with our minds. OH, and I now expect the next 50 songs to be as complete as you have set the bar this high...and don't try to kick me off the board...or I won't share my latest recording with you. I'm doing 1 a year and they all sound unfinished.

• Susan
    Susan Valley Stream, N.Y.
    Hi Todd!! You make me smile!! I am so happy that you like my song!! :D Yes, it's just me! I have logic... and well... :confused: I have "Logic" I love it and have alot to learn, but when I do have the "favorite" song picked , I will have them professionally mixed and mastered!!!! For this song, everything was done on my keyboard, except for drums... they are loops! This one came out late on Friday afternoon instead of Thursday night at midnight. It took FOREVER!!!! None of it was easy, except for maybe for the harmonies! I love harmonies! So... how do I keep you from starting rumors... Hmmmm... O.k. I know that I'm going to be really, really sorry... but here goes! (You're using your music as a weapon... and that hurts) I am looking forward to hearing it! Oh boy.... o.k. You pick the next song... meaning...tell me what key you want it in... piano (any key will do)?... guitar? (I am not a guitarist, so if you are going to pick any key other than G, C, D, A or E major... I will be using a capo!) Uke? Just got it so... well... It is fun, though! Give me a key word or a line for the chorus (with your permission), Time signature... You pick it! You're the best!!

Hi Todd!!
    You make me smile!! I am so happy that you like my song!! biggrin
    Yes, it's just me! I have logic... and well... confused I have "Logic"
    I love it and have alot to learn, but when I do have the "favorite" song picked , I will have them professionally mixed and mastered!!!!
    For this song, everything was done on my keyboard, except for drums... they are loops! This one came out late on Friday afternoon instead of Thursday night at midnight. It took FOREVER!!!!
    None of it was easy, except for maybe for the harmonies! I love harmonies!
    So... how do I keep you from starting rumors... Hmmmm...
    O.k. I know that I'm going to be really, really sorry... but here goes! (You're using your music as a weapon... and that hurts) I am looking forward to hearing it!
    Oh boy.... o.k. You pick the next song... meaning...tell me what key you want it in... piano (any key will do)?... guitar? (I am not a guitarist, so if you are going to pick any key other than G, C, D, A or E major... I will be using a capo!) Uke? Just got it so... well... It is fun, though!
    Give me a key word or a line for the chorus (with your permission), Time signature... You pick it!
    You're the best!!

• Susan
    Susan N. Valley Stream
    ... Oh... and had real flute and a tiny violin part mixed real low because it's been a really long time... :laugh:

... Oh... and had real flute and a tiny violin part mixed real low because it's been a really long time... laugh

• Susan
    Susan
    P.S. I would NEVER kick you off site!!! ;)

P.S. I would NEVER kick you off site!!! wink

• Todd
    Thank you for your reply. I think it might be time to switch to email and I will continue to post to this site as well. I am still way old school as I am recording using an 8 channel digital tascam but, it is good enough to get the ideas down and across...I am planning to send you a file or link this weekend. So the next song, F#m which is a great key, or C#m and the tag line of the refrain, "that really hurts" although I was intrigued with "music as a weapon". There was something poetic about that. Now I did you a favor and gave you a minor key to work with...

Thank you for your reply. I think it might be time to switch to email and I will continue to post to this site as well. I am still way old school as I am recording using an 8 channel digital tascam but, it is good enough to get the ideas down and across...I am planning to send you a file or link this weekend.

So the next song, F#m which is a great key, or C#m and the tag line of the refrain, "that really hurts" although I was intrigued with "music as a weapon". There was something poetic about that. Now I did you a favor and gave you a minor key to work with...

• Todd
    you know as I sit here working and listening Not Waiting...the refrain is really quite catchy...and I love the harp at the end...nice touch

you know as I sit here working and listening Not Waiting...the refrain is really quite catchy...and I love the harp at the end...nice touch

• Susan
    Susan N. Valley Stream
    No... Thank you Todd... O.k. F# minor or C# minor... perfect... That Really Hurts... o.k. I have to get to work now... Is 3/4 o.k. or would you prefer something else?? Can't wait to hear your music... Thank you, Todd!!

No... Thank you Todd... O.k. F# minor or C# minor... perfect... That Really Hurts... o.k. I have to get to work now... Is 3/4 o.k. or would you prefer something else??
    Can't wait to hear your music...
    Thank you, Todd!!

• Todd
    "it's too late, I like you." Yeah, love THAT tagline and LOVE the last line of the song...love the way you ended it.

"it's too late, I like you." Yeah, love THAT tagline and LOVE the last line of the song...love the way you ended it.

• Susan
    Susan
    Thank you Todd! :D

Thank you Todd! biggrin

Add your message- It will be added as the newest post